Wednesday, August 22, 2018

How important is Honesty? kiwi kids news featured article.



How important is Honesty? kiwi kids news featured article.



1. Why do you think lying is bad? Why do you think honesty is important? lying is both good and bad depending on the circumstances. For example, if you dented the car you should tell the truth but if someone asked you what you are getting them for Christmas you can lie, because it is supposed to be a surprise. I think honesty is important because if you have ever been lied to you know how annoying it is to be lied to and it will ruin you reputation.  

2. What are some good things, if any, that can come from lying? It can make things a surprise like if you said you where going to get someone $2 for Christmas but then you where actually gave them $10 they would get a nice surprise. Also if you are babysitting young kids who are scared that there parents have left them even if they are very far away you should say they are just across the road to make them feel better. These are the two ways I think lying can be good, to comfort people and make things a surprise.

3. Do you think we lie for a reason, because of the way we are brought up, or simply because of human nature? we most likely lie because it helps us keep out of danger and that's what we are mentally programmed to to. Lying became just another way to keep our selves out of danger. We also use lying to make ourselves feel better about things and make people feel better about us, because we want to be liked and we like to be safe.
4. Do you think lying is an issue that can ever be solved? How can we do this? I do not think we can stop lying it is part of our nature, we can't help it, we will always want to cover embarrassing things and things that if we tell could put us in danger. So my answer is no, we can't.
5. Write a short story about what the world would be like if lying was impossible. Even write a little story about a family conversation at the dinner table if no one could lie… hopefully no one insults the dinner!
I tuck in to my lovely dinner, roast chicken, mm-mm my favourite. "How was your day at school" asked my mum I try to just say good but I can't lie so I have to explain everything, witch included every step I took because not telling would be denying that I took it. This took all night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.