Thursday, May 30, 2019

Fairtrade rap

Fairtrade poem

This term our topic has been FIX-IT. We have been learning about child labour and what we can to to help stop it. This is when we found out about Fairtrade. Fairtrade is a company that will only purchase things that are not made by kids in child labour and they give the people who made it a fair pride for their produce. This is not all they do but this is what we focused on most in class. By buying their products you support Fairtrade and cast a vote for the kind of world you want to live in. So in class we cut up Fairtrade coffee bean sacks from a Fairtrade cafe and wrote a poem or a rap about child labour on it with Indian ink using cotton buds. The process was really long, especially since I had a really long rap. I enjoyes printing my rap on the sack, it was something I hadn't done before.

Here is a picture of my rap hung up on the wall.


In case you can't read from the picture here is the rap in text format.

Fairtrade: by Zak

As I walk through the field were I harvest my grain

I take a look at my life and realise it’s very plain

But that's just perfect for a child like me

You know we shant fancy things like lots of salary

At 10:30 in the morning I’m eating brunch

We get a tiny slice of bread but we get no lunch

AHHHH

But I’ve been hungry and starving so long

That even my boss thinks that my stomach is gone

I’m a poor little boy I’m too disciplined

Iv’e got a sack in my hand and ohh i’m so thin

And if I don’t do all my chores and I don’t to them right

Then tonight i’m gonna be tortured like it’s 1699


I was inspired for this rap from Weird Al's remix titled Armish Paradise.


3 comments:

  1. We sell quilts at discount price at https://www.ezibuy.com/shop/nz/Home-Gift/Duvet-Covers/c/cat100173

    hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciated your thoughtful poem, Zak. Thank you for putting the effort in.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.