Thursday, September 12, 2019

Snow camp reflection

it was a sunny Monday morning while we set off on our snow camp with Kotuku. I was in a car with Thomas and Tyler. When we arrived at Arthur's pass we hopped out of our cars and settled into the outdoor education centre were we would be staying for the night. During the morning we had ice fights and played team games. Then in the afternoon we went for a walk then we went on an orienteering course. The next day we were delayed because the road to Cheeseman was closed so we had to wait to 1:00 before we could leave.


When we finally hit the road we drove all the way until we hit a roadblock at the bottom of the road up to Cheesman. we had to wait for the road to open so we hopped out of our car and played in the snow settled on the side of the road.

finally the road was opened and we continued our ascent up the mountain. sadly we ran into more delay as our vehicle's four wheel drive stopped functioning. While we waited to get picked up we played in the deep snow by the road.

Finally we arrived at the Cheesman lodge and settled in. After a while we were allowed to play outside. Sadly the people who wanted to ski couldn't because the ski field was closed due to the weather so we just played in the snow on the beginners slope.

The next day skiing was all go so at around 10:00 we got our gear on and went up the mountain. At first I went on the beginners slope to get the hang of skiing again then I went up on the t - bar for the first time in my life. I went up with Jakob and everything went to plan. however on the second time I went up (by myself) Cameron was going up for his first time with Jakob when they tripped over each others ski's and fell over. Cameron's ski's both fell off and one came down and bowled me of the t - bar, the other bowled Fletcher off. Then Tara and her dad fell over Cameron and Jakob and yet they still didn't stop the t - bar!

After I had finished skiing I went to play in the snow with the non skiers. We made a jump in the snow and when I went down from really high up I flew 2 meters!! After 3 long days we finnally returned home.

1 comment:

  1. Lots of skiing adventures for you! I'm glad you made it back in one piece.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.