Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Walls of China responce



Walls of China by Russel Drysdale is a painting of a dry, dead and lonely desert. It looks unearthly because of the hot maroon sky. There is a dead tree in the foreground and strange white mountains in the background, with another dead tree in the middle ground. It was painted in 1945 with oil paints on a hardboard.


Walls of China is a sad, lonely but amazing and well done painting by Russel Drysdale.


I like this painting because of how it makes me look closer. For example, when I see the tree in the foreground I also see a monster and when I look at the tree in the background I think it resembles a fish tail. I also see a basin like object in the background that I have never seen or heard of before.  


This painting makes me feel sad and lonely, it also makes makes me feel like there is no hope left for anything I am doing. The barren landscape makes me feel lonely because of it’s vast emptiness. The dead trees make me feel sad because they are both dead, and both of them put together makes me feel like there is no hope because there is no life left on the desecrated landscape.

Overall Walls of China by Russel Drysdale is a sad, lonely but also an interesting and amazing painting that everyone should see along with all his other paintings. They all use the same colours and are quite mysterious. You can find an online gallery of his artwork at this website: https://www.artgallery.nsw.gov.au

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.